PORCH TALK WITH ME AND SWEET TEA
Grab yourself a glass and join me…
“Porch Talk” Snack:
Here is a recipe that I found years ago in Southern Living Magazine. It quickly became one of my favorites and a dish that others request that I make. It is perfect for anytime of the year, but especially nice in the summer when all of the vegetables are at their peak. This salsa is a fresh way to start off any gathering. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Corn and Avocado Salsa:
- 4 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon dry fajita seasoning mix (I like to add a bit more just to kick up the flavor)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded & chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- tortilla chips, for dipping
Preparation of Corn and Avocado Salsa:
- Saute first 3 ingredients in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes. (I like to cook it until corn softens slightly, but is still crisp and maintains nice color.)
- Remove from heat; let cool.
- Stir together corn mixture, bell pepper, and next 6 ingredients.
- Cover and chill at least 30 minutes.
- Stir in avocado just before serving.
Subscribe to my newsletter by filling the form below.
A confirmation email will be sent to your mailbox: please read the instructions to complete the subscription.